Le Chaland (Mauritius) – March 19, 2020 (travelindex.com) – The recently opened Anantara Iko Mauritius Resort is nestled on Le Chaland beach on the Southeast coast of the island. Harmonising with both the natural scenery and the history of its location, the resort combines modernity with indigenous design while retaining a true sense of tranquillity and escapism.
Design highlights include:
– The use of indigenous and reclaimed materials such as antique basalt stone throughout public spaces
– Architecturally, the boundaries between inside and outside are softened by tranquil water gardens and open air courtyards
– Three dining options include Karokan bar, Horizon and the signature restaurant Sea.Fire.Salt, each with distinct styles showcasing Mauritian design
– A soft furnishing colour scheme evoking the soothing blue tones of the ocean and the island’s golden sandy beaches in Jim Thompson silks
– Rooms & suites boast pared back luxury with large windows proffering abundant natural lighting to frame views of the ocean or lush tropical gardens
– A 30 metre o-zone treated infinity swimming pool